HIROSHIMA 2014: Call for entries
- Written by ZF Team
The 15th International Animation Festival in Japan is now launching call for entries.
HIROSHIMA 2014 will be held from 21 to 25 August 2014 in Japan.
HIROSHIMA 2014 will be a very special edition, commemorating the 30th anniversary of the establishment of its festival office in 1984.
Under the spirit of LOVE & PEACE, the festival has been dedicating to the advancement of visual media art culture in general, by promoting international cross-cultural exchanges through the development of animation art.
The films must meet the following requirements:
- The entry works shall be made "frame by frame", including computer graphics animation;
- The entries shall be either film or videotape;
- The films shall be presented in 16mm or 35mm format and use an optical soundtrack system. The films should also have a 3m leader;
- The videotapes shall be on HDCAM-NTSC or Digital Betacam-NTSC format. Videotapes shall start with a color-bar for 1 minute and 5 seconds black;
- The running time shall be within 30 minutes;
- The works shall be those that have been completed after 1 April 2012;
- Copyrighted characters, scripts, music, etc., cannot be used in the works without the copyright owner's agreement. Failure to obtain such agreement will result in the works being disqualified from competition;
- Each film or videotape shall contain one work only;
- The works which have already been awarded prizes at other festivals are eligible. In this case, a listing of all awards and prizes received must be fully indicated on the entry form.
- The official languages of the Festival shall be Japanese and English.
You may submit your film between 1 February and 1 April 2014 and there is no entry fee.