HIROSHIMA 2014: Call for entries
HIROSHIMA 2014 will be held from 21 to 25 August 2014 in Japan.
HIROSHIMA 2014 will be a very special edition, commemorating the 30th anniversary of the establishment of its festival office in 1984.
Under the spirit of LOVE & PEACE, the festival has been dedicating to the advancement of visual media art culture in general, by promoting international cross-cultural exchanges through the development of animation art.
The films must meet the following requirements:
- The entry works shall be made "frame by frame", including computer graphics animation;
- The entries shall be either film or videotape;
- The films shall be presented in 16mm or 35mm format and use an optical soundtrack system. The films should also have a 3m leader;
- The videotapes shall be on HDCAM-NTSC or Digital Betacam-NTSC format. Videotapes shall start with a color-bar for 1 minute and 5 seconds black;
- The running time shall be within 30 minutes;
- The works shall be those that have been completed after 1 April 2012;
- Copyrighted characters, scripts, music, etc., cannot be used in the works without the copyright owner's agreement. Failure to obtain such agreement will result in the works being disqualified from competition;
- Each film or videotape shall contain one work only;
- The works which have already been awarded prizes at other festivals are eligible. In this case, a listing of all awards and prizes received must be fully indicated on the entry form.
- The official languages of the Festival shall be Japanese and English.
You may submit your film between 1 February and 1 April 2014 and there is no entry fee.
If you are interested, read the rules of the festival and fill in the application form.